Taking a break
I need a break from working on this warm Sunday. We, (The Lady Graemon and I,) went out to a Flea market yesterday and I found a few cool things there. First, I found a new (old) book about war after World War Two. It's written by a number of authors about the various world conflicts that came about after the Second World War was done--places like Malaya, India, Israel, Viet Nam, and so on. I've only had a short time to look through it, but it looks interesting discussing many of the lesser-known wars and conflicts our poor planet has experienced in the last 50 years or so. We Americans really should be a great deal more grateful than we are because America has NOT experienced the unbelieveable conflicts that have raged across our globe. I blame the American School Systems that struggle for funding and struggle for and against Liberalism and Conservatism as political realities instead of FACTUAL knowledge about our planet and it's inhabitants.
Next, I found a guy selling action figures and I bought a couple of Joe RAH figures. "Roadblock" is black and bald and truly a bad-ass head-sculp that I already have and used to create a very decent fantasy archer figure. I have no problem having a duplicate of this head-sculp because it is so very, utterly COOL! Another fig is called "Black Out." This guy is supposed to be a Cobra operative that's a sniper. I thought his head-sculp was plenty good enough for him to be useful somewhere else, someday. His clothing and gear kinda suck in my estimation, at least for any of MY purposes, but so what? He was inexpensive and even if the head-sculp is all I use, I get my money's worth from this purchase. The last fig I bought is a Cobra "Battle Android," called a B.A.T. II. (whatever that is.) I couldn't care less, really, because it has interchangeable arms and weapons and I'm certain I can fashion some sort of robot/android/alien creature out of it for my Sci-fi characters from the Traveller Universe. A little paint, some different attire, a little tweaking of this or that, and it will fit in nicely somewhere also, just like Black Out will.
On the way home from the Flea Market, we stopped for water-softener salt. Next door to the store was a Dollar General store. I had to float in to see what's what at this location--a place I don't normally go to in my routine travels. Ah yes--a few cool Joe things were found here, too! To be accurate, Power Team figures are not Joes, but they are "Joe-stuff" to my mind. It's a new toy season coming up for Christmas-time and this store had some new-ish figs. I bought only one new black American fig. Body and equipment suck, but he has a new head-sculp unlike any other I have and he had a wicked-looking knife of unusual design. It'll be useful for some 'bash. Also, I found a small toy pool table about the right size for a Joe-style Recreation room in the barracks. It's a little small to be considered "regulation," but when I was in the Army, many day-rooms had smaller tables to fit the room. It's cheap, it's plastic, but as a prop for Joe scenes, I think it may do well to create that Army Dayroom environment that exists in my plans, ideas, and vision.
While we were out, which was for most of the day, the postman made a delivery and yup...there was stuff for me. I've been shopping E-bay lately to find some out-of-production items for Joe-stuff, and that was the delivery yesterday. I had 2 packages containing a total of three sets of 21st Century Toys Armor Crewman uniforms and figs. SUCCESS! I've been real lucky lately trying to get these outfits to equip my armored vehicle crews and yesterday's delivery plus one more on the way, should do it for my crews! Everybody should have a proper camo cover-all set and CVC helmet, plus some web-gear and M-9 pistol. I can't wait to get time to outfit my guys in their proper uniforms now!
But, outfitting the troops will have to wait--too much inside and outside work needs to be done, and it's from THAT, that I am taking a break. Most importantly, and the reason I mention it at all, is because "negotiations" with The Lady Graemon have gained me some much-needed additional space within "Casa del Graemon" to be used for a Joe Room expansion project!!! YAH, BUDDY! Fort Graemon will get a whole room just for a Joe "display and work-room!"
The truth be told now...our little boy has moved out and is on his own. Plus, the old Joe room was also the library/computer room. The Lady Graemon would retire early and I would stay up late, pounding away on the computer keyboard and drive Her Ladyship crazy, so it's been revealed. NOW, the library/computer room is at the opposite end of the house in the former digs of "sonny-boy," and the old library becomes the NEW Home of Ft. Graemon and all the Joes that I can fit into the space! Well... within reason, because I need a space for actually "working" on the Joe-stuff, which includes making a semi-permanent photo studio for Joe pix!
I have a gazillion ideas for setting-up the Joe room, but that's a few steps down the road. Right now...I need to get back to work. All those books and such won't move themselves and I need my (Joe)space.
Thanks for reading today, and have a great Sunday for yourselves!
I need a break from working on this warm Sunday. We, (The Lady Graemon and I,) went out to a Flea market yesterday and I found a few cool things there. First, I found a new (old) book about war after World War Two. It's written by a number of authors about the various world conflicts that came about after the Second World War was done--places like Malaya, India, Israel, Viet Nam, and so on. I've only had a short time to look through it, but it looks interesting discussing many of the lesser-known wars and conflicts our poor planet has experienced in the last 50 years or so. We Americans really should be a great deal more grateful than we are because America has NOT experienced the unbelieveable conflicts that have raged across our globe. I blame the American School Systems that struggle for funding and struggle for and against Liberalism and Conservatism as political realities instead of FACTUAL knowledge about our planet and it's inhabitants.
Next, I found a guy selling action figures and I bought a couple of Joe RAH figures. "Roadblock" is black and bald and truly a bad-ass head-sculp that I already have and used to create a very decent fantasy archer figure. I have no problem having a duplicate of this head-sculp because it is so very, utterly COOL! Another fig is called "Black Out." This guy is supposed to be a Cobra operative that's a sniper. I thought his head-sculp was plenty good enough for him to be useful somewhere else, someday. His clothing and gear kinda suck in my estimation, at least for any of MY purposes, but so what? He was inexpensive and even if the head-sculp is all I use, I get my money's worth from this purchase. The last fig I bought is a Cobra "Battle Android," called a B.A.T. II. (whatever that is.) I couldn't care less, really, because it has interchangeable arms and weapons and I'm certain I can fashion some sort of robot/android/alien creature out of it for my Sci-fi characters from the Traveller Universe. A little paint, some different attire, a little tweaking of this or that, and it will fit in nicely somewhere also, just like Black Out will.
On the way home from the Flea Market, we stopped for water-softener salt. Next door to the store was a Dollar General store. I had to float in to see what's what at this location--a place I don't normally go to in my routine travels. Ah yes--a few cool Joe things were found here, too! To be accurate, Power Team figures are not Joes, but they are "Joe-stuff" to my mind. It's a new toy season coming up for Christmas-time and this store had some new-ish figs. I bought only one new black American fig. Body and equipment suck, but he has a new head-sculp unlike any other I have and he had a wicked-looking knife of unusual design. It'll be useful for some 'bash. Also, I found a small toy pool table about the right size for a Joe-style Recreation room in the barracks. It's a little small to be considered "regulation," but when I was in the Army, many day-rooms had smaller tables to fit the room. It's cheap, it's plastic, but as a prop for Joe scenes, I think it may do well to create that Army Dayroom environment that exists in my plans, ideas, and vision.
While we were out, which was for most of the day, the postman made a delivery and yup...there was stuff for me. I've been shopping E-bay lately to find some out-of-production items for Joe-stuff, and that was the delivery yesterday. I had 2 packages containing a total of three sets of 21st Century Toys Armor Crewman uniforms and figs. SUCCESS! I've been real lucky lately trying to get these outfits to equip my armored vehicle crews and yesterday's delivery plus one more on the way, should do it for my crews! Everybody should have a proper camo cover-all set and CVC helmet, plus some web-gear and M-9 pistol. I can't wait to get time to outfit my guys in their proper uniforms now!
But, outfitting the troops will have to wait--too much inside and outside work needs to be done, and it's from THAT, that I am taking a break. Most importantly, and the reason I mention it at all, is because "negotiations" with The Lady Graemon have gained me some much-needed additional space within "Casa del Graemon" to be used for a Joe Room expansion project!!! YAH, BUDDY! Fort Graemon will get a whole room just for a Joe "display and work-room!"
The truth be told now...our little boy has moved out and is on his own. Plus, the old Joe room was also the library/computer room. The Lady Graemon would retire early and I would stay up late, pounding away on the computer keyboard and drive Her Ladyship crazy, so it's been revealed. NOW, the library/computer room is at the opposite end of the house in the former digs of "sonny-boy," and the old library becomes the NEW Home of Ft. Graemon and all the Joes that I can fit into the space! Well... within reason, because I need a space for actually "working" on the Joe-stuff, which includes making a semi-permanent photo studio for Joe pix!
I have a gazillion ideas for setting-up the Joe room, but that's a few steps down the road. Right now...I need to get back to work. All those books and such won't move themselves and I need my (Joe)space.
Thanks for reading today, and have a great Sunday for yourselves!

3 Comments:
Kool flea-Market finds!
I have Blackout...that sculpt is fierce!
Man, I should have my own Flea Market....."lighning strikes"
hey how about a Flea Market Blog. I can set it up and invite everyone (give posting rights) and even make it open to anonymous comments just in case a non-blogger sees something they want......
OK: Back to this comment
21C armour crewmen. I picked up a set of that recently, a cool, one-piece woodland coverall and a CVR helmet (the helmet may not fit all heads as 21C helmets/heads are on the small side) but I have a Joe-size CVR hellmet that I slavaged from a DML Kent(I'll give details when I post that eventually)
Did you say "photo-studio" ?
Does this mean pictures will be a regular part of your blogging experience.....awesome!
ET
Yes, ET...I said "photo studio." Progress goes slowly converting the two rooms in question over to usable, organized space. Everything's in a state of turmoil right now. But, the plan is clear--to have enough space in the Joe room to set up a table area for semi-permanent photo studio work so I can reasonably be able to set up and take 35mm. pictures of the guys when I HAVE the ideas, and not have to wait until "all the planets and stars are aligned in a favorable configuration."
Ya know?
BG, did you get the template i e-mailed ya? It's exactly the same as the one ya got, but with the links added. Let me know if you need any further assistance and hopefully once the links are in place I can show you how to add/delete as meny new links as you want.
ET
Post a Comment
<< Home