Yesterday, I had to die....
It's the truth, in a manner of speaking. I "had" to die, that I might be re-born as a new man, and live a better life. I got the bad news and explained in the posting before this one, about my bad habits that had to go away for good--smoking, over-eating, under-exercising, and the pointless, ever-present, volcanic anger.
Today is Day One, without my "crutches," and it wasn't easy, but it wasn't impossible, either. The Lady Graemon and I went "antique shopping" and except for all the ugly, rude, stupid, inconsiderate, lost, oblivious people walking around getting in my way, it was an OK experience.
I say that with dripping sarcasm, as you might detect.
HEY! Give me a break--YOU smoke for 30-some years and go cold-turkey and see how your first day goes!
Yah, well...I'll do better tomorrow--I only have to put up with the numb-skull, idiotic, do-nothing, incompetent fools at work.
OK, OK, I'll take it easy...somehow. They really aren't that bad, not all of them. It'll be OK, because I am a new man. :-D
Joe-stuff. Thank the gawds for Joe-stuff to keep a man sane! I finally got my office/library and Joe-room separated and into some resemblance of order, that I can use BOTH rooms again. Yaaaaah! Now it's only a matter of figgering out what to do next...besides Harvest Time, that is.
*Sigh* The Lady Graemon has presented me with the news that Harvest Time is upon us and we will now be engaged in activities related to picking and preserving food-stuffs in preparation for the long, Michigan winter to come. *Sigh* I can't get over how much work one woman can make, invent, or otherwise create. It just don't seem reasonable that one "small-ish" lady/person can create and do sooooo much stuff! Darn near inhuman at times, I'm thinking!
Don't know when I'll get around to those Joe-pix, but I will yet! Heck--I'm fuming and rarin' with energy since I haven't had an "application of slow-acting, organic poison" in over 24 hours now! (That's what I call smoking now--to remind myself of the nature of the things that were killing my big, doofus butt!) Got too many ideas to execute all at once, so now I need to just sorta "choose something and dive in!" We'll see how that goes--now that I can set up and leave my lights and camera in place, if need be! Oughta be fun, doncha think?
And I still gotta figger out a way to get my ancient Joe pix scanned so I can post 'em on the web! I called a couple of places and once I found a place that could "do" what I needed done, he started rapping-off prices a bit more consistent with paying for his college education and not so much copying 2 dozen photographs! I told him politely to shut up, that he had already priced himself out of the realms of reality when he got to 99 cents per picture, a "set-up fee" of $30, the cost of ONE cd at $10...and I told him, "hold it--yer done, mister." For a little bit more money, I could go to Best Buy and BUY a new damned scanner and be better off doing my own pictures--faster and less aggravation at least! Cost might be comparable. I got a whole stack of cd's waiting for service that cost less that TEN DOLLARS EACH! What? He musta thought I was as stupid as his kid sister, or something!
Well, anyway...life goes on. Doesn't THAT have a nice ring to it? "Life goes on." Life is nice. Life is good. Life is fun. The Lady Graemon is a pretty good ol' girl that makes life all kinds of fun and interesting, ya know? I hope I'll be around for a good, long while, 'cause I got a bunch of projects to do and neat stuff to share...someday! Hopefully, sooner, rather than later!
Thanks for reading.
It's the truth, in a manner of speaking. I "had" to die, that I might be re-born as a new man, and live a better life. I got the bad news and explained in the posting before this one, about my bad habits that had to go away for good--smoking, over-eating, under-exercising, and the pointless, ever-present, volcanic anger.
Today is Day One, without my "crutches," and it wasn't easy, but it wasn't impossible, either. The Lady Graemon and I went "antique shopping" and except for all the ugly, rude, stupid, inconsiderate, lost, oblivious people walking around getting in my way, it was an OK experience.
I say that with dripping sarcasm, as you might detect.
HEY! Give me a break--YOU smoke for 30-some years and go cold-turkey and see how your first day goes!
Yah, well...I'll do better tomorrow--I only have to put up with the numb-skull, idiotic, do-nothing, incompetent fools at work.
OK, OK, I'll take it easy...somehow. They really aren't that bad, not all of them. It'll be OK, because I am a new man. :-D
Joe-stuff. Thank the gawds for Joe-stuff to keep a man sane! I finally got my office/library and Joe-room separated and into some resemblance of order, that I can use BOTH rooms again. Yaaaaah! Now it's only a matter of figgering out what to do next...besides Harvest Time, that is.
*Sigh* The Lady Graemon has presented me with the news that Harvest Time is upon us and we will now be engaged in activities related to picking and preserving food-stuffs in preparation for the long, Michigan winter to come. *Sigh* I can't get over how much work one woman can make, invent, or otherwise create. It just don't seem reasonable that one "small-ish" lady/person can create and do sooooo much stuff! Darn near inhuman at times, I'm thinking!
Don't know when I'll get around to those Joe-pix, but I will yet! Heck--I'm fuming and rarin' with energy since I haven't had an "application of slow-acting, organic poison" in over 24 hours now! (That's what I call smoking now--to remind myself of the nature of the things that were killing my big, doofus butt!) Got too many ideas to execute all at once, so now I need to just sorta "choose something and dive in!" We'll see how that goes--now that I can set up and leave my lights and camera in place, if need be! Oughta be fun, doncha think?
And I still gotta figger out a way to get my ancient Joe pix scanned so I can post 'em on the web! I called a couple of places and once I found a place that could "do" what I needed done, he started rapping-off prices a bit more consistent with paying for his college education and not so much copying 2 dozen photographs! I told him politely to shut up, that he had already priced himself out of the realms of reality when he got to 99 cents per picture, a "set-up fee" of $30, the cost of ONE cd at $10...and I told him, "hold it--yer done, mister." For a little bit more money, I could go to Best Buy and BUY a new damned scanner and be better off doing my own pictures--faster and less aggravation at least! Cost might be comparable. I got a whole stack of cd's waiting for service that cost less that TEN DOLLARS EACH! What? He musta thought I was as stupid as his kid sister, or something!
Well, anyway...life goes on. Doesn't THAT have a nice ring to it? "Life goes on." Life is nice. Life is good. Life is fun. The Lady Graemon is a pretty good ol' girl that makes life all kinds of fun and interesting, ya know? I hope I'll be around for a good, long while, 'cause I got a bunch of projects to do and neat stuff to share...someday! Hopefully, sooner, rather than later!
Thanks for reading.

4 Comments:
Hi BG,
I am no expert ,but I can say ,I have quit cold turkey when my second daughter,was born in 1989, after a 9 year quiting period I started smoking cigars twice a week,and got back into smoking a half a pack of cigerettes,until my 9 year old looked at me ,and said "please quit for me like you did when I was born"
Well I'm making it sound to Hollywood movie like ,but my real motivation the first time was seeing my 2 Grandfathers pass,and one from throat cancer ,and the other had heart desease,and they both had high blood pressure.
My dad also had high blood pressure.
So when my second daughter was born My first Grandpa was fighting ,with kemo and all the bad stuff cancer brings ,and my other grandpa had the bad ticker,so I said I'm a proud father now,with 2 healthy daughters,its time to quit smoking,and I did. Everytime I wanted a cigerette ,I drank cold water,and yes it helped. Then after nine years,I went back as I mentioned ,and gave it up again cold turkey for the same reason.From spring of 1998 until September 13, 2001 (cant forget,it was just 2 days after 911) and I have not smoked since,And yes I did it with cold water sipping again.
Thought you could perhaps use a true story of a cold turkey quit ,or two ,as for getting mad at idiots in this world ,if you get that down ,please let me know,because they are all around us ,all the time.
Hey wait, maybe cold water would help that too,not drinking it ,just throwing a bucket of it on them,every time they say things that annoy us.
Exercise (I'm told, for now I don't do enough) is a good idea too,it relieves stress,and relaxes the mind,helps people sleep,something I need more of.
All the best BG,
-Ron
That's so cool that ya gave up those coffin nails! I don't really know what it's like cause I never smoked, but I know how hard it is to exersize regularly!
Just giving up smokin is a major step though, I hope your around for a very long time!
Ron and Fuzz...thank you both for your support. It's hard for me to tell you how much it means that "somebody" is in my corner with me. Sometimes, it's guys like you fellas--on the internet--faceless guys that share this cool hobby of 1/6th collecting that help me get thru the day, sometimes.
I can't really confide in my co-workers--ya never know when one of them will stab you in the back, screw up your work, or require that I discipline them. Ya just can't make close friends in a bureaucratic, cut-throat environment, sad as that is. So, thanks to you and to the other guys too. I know ET and Gibri will back me up with this decision, too.
So, for you small elite corps of Joe and 1/6th collectors, AND my wife, The Lady Graemon...thanks guys...and Mi'Lady!
ET reporting in Graemon's corner:)
Alright! Cold Turkey! Mind-over-Mater! Way to go!
Post a Comment
<< Home