Day TWO of no smoking.
Read 'em and weep--yah, made it through two whole days now and I ain't killed nobody and the police aren't on my trail. Ain't been fired at work. The Lady Graemon ain't asked for a divorce...yet. Goody, goody for me. Hoo-rah--two whole days. It don't get no better than this. I know. I done this before. It made me slightly crazy then. I have every expectation that it will make me crazy this time, too. Difference being, I hope--I know NOW what to expect, somewhat.
Joe stuff will see me through! Yessiree, Buddy! Tonight I started checking into where I have some of my "true" Joe stuff--the real article--my 40th Anniversary Joes and several of my Classic Collection Joes, also. I'm still going through a process of trying to inventory all my figs and organize my "Special Services and Security Force." I'm looking for places where I need to "fit" troops into assignments, and I'm looking for "holes" in the slots and vacancies I know about. Tonight I learned I have very few Joe Marines--troubling, but not surprising. I'm NOT a big fan of the USMC. Never was, doubt I ever will be. Not being snobbish. Ain't cutting into everything the Marines have coming to them. It's just like some folks like chocolate, some like vanilla, some like butterscotch. Translated into "Joe-speak," my strongest preference is for Army Joes, then Navy Joes, then Air Force Joes, then Marine Joes, then Coast Guard Joes, then whatever is left--police, fire, etc.
Again, I am NOT slamming anybody's favorite service--just stating my own situation, so nobody leave any comments about what a lousy "you-know-what" I am 'cause Marines ain't at the top of MY LIST! I'm an ARMY Infantry vet, alright? These are my toys.
Next on the agenda is I realized my Blackwater Police and Fire forces are sorely un-documented. I have NO IDEA how many and what kind of Police and Fire service figures I have. I know I have "some," because I've seen some pretty cool stuff come out over the years, LIKE the Joe State Trooper fig and the 21st Century SWAT figs. I bought a bunch as I found 'em, but I never really played with 'em 'cause I haven't been much about "cops and robbers," ya know? It's an "army" thing with me.
Now...as things get better organized in and around Blackwater, Michigan, it becomes important to me what the local public sector services are "like." For instance--I have this notion that Teddy Roosevelt will be "The Mayor." He just has that big, ol' smiley-faced grin that says, "I'm a politician!" Bully! :lol If Teddy is the Mayor, I need a Chief of Police or Police Commissioner or Director of Public Safety! This character can be a civilian or a professional police officer of long standing. Gotta think about that, but I have an Arnold Schwartzenegger BBI figure all dressed up, nice and neat, in a black business suit that looks very good on him. He might be my current candidate for Chief of Police/Chief of Detectives in Blackwater PD. Ya see how this is working?
The rest of the PD and FD can be made up as I go along and find more of my figs. I know, fer instance, that I have several firefighters and fire/rescue troops. Joe made several including a very cool dude with a wire basket-stretcher for lifting by chopper or rapelling rescues. 21C has that fugly EMT nurse figure, but she came with a LOT of very excellent medical accessories. Joe, (and I,) have a Metropolitan motorcycle police officer. Joe also has a few FBI agents. I put together several men in civilian clothes--business suits--and I purchased at different times, a bunch of Dragon Police officers/plainclothes detective figures, mainly Chinese police departments, but including some major US departments, like San Francisco and New York City.
Taken all together and organized like my military force, I could field a sizable police force in my fictitious community of Blackwater, Michigan, consisting of uniformed police officers, SWAT officers, some detectives, several County Sheriff Deputies, a few State troopers, a few FBI agents, maybe a generic "man-in-black," or two, just for fun, and several firefighter types in yellow turn-out gear, and black turn-out gear, complete with a few pieces of fire gear, like a short hose assembly, a few axes, fire extinguishers, and such! Oh! Even got two military, Navy and A.F.-type, firefighters/Crash-crewmen from the Joe line! Cool, h'uh?
This doesn't even begin to take into account all the Power Team police and fire figs I've picked up over the years either. I really, really, need to sort it all out and get things organized by service--Army, Navy, AF, Marines, Police, Fire, civilian, medical, etc.
Decisions, decisions...so many Joes, so little time! :lol Hey, thanks for following along in my time of need and madness--all of them--Joe stuff, not smoking, and dieting.
Read 'em and weep--yah, made it through two whole days now and I ain't killed nobody and the police aren't on my trail. Ain't been fired at work. The Lady Graemon ain't asked for a divorce...yet. Goody, goody for me. Hoo-rah--two whole days. It don't get no better than this. I know. I done this before. It made me slightly crazy then. I have every expectation that it will make me crazy this time, too. Difference being, I hope--I know NOW what to expect, somewhat.
Joe stuff will see me through! Yessiree, Buddy! Tonight I started checking into where I have some of my "true" Joe stuff--the real article--my 40th Anniversary Joes and several of my Classic Collection Joes, also. I'm still going through a process of trying to inventory all my figs and organize my "Special Services and Security Force." I'm looking for places where I need to "fit" troops into assignments, and I'm looking for "holes" in the slots and vacancies I know about. Tonight I learned I have very few Joe Marines--troubling, but not surprising. I'm NOT a big fan of the USMC. Never was, doubt I ever will be. Not being snobbish. Ain't cutting into everything the Marines have coming to them. It's just like some folks like chocolate, some like vanilla, some like butterscotch. Translated into "Joe-speak," my strongest preference is for Army Joes, then Navy Joes, then Air Force Joes, then Marine Joes, then Coast Guard Joes, then whatever is left--police, fire, etc.
Again, I am NOT slamming anybody's favorite service--just stating my own situation, so nobody leave any comments about what a lousy "you-know-what" I am 'cause Marines ain't at the top of MY LIST! I'm an ARMY Infantry vet, alright? These are my toys.
Next on the agenda is I realized my Blackwater Police and Fire forces are sorely un-documented. I have NO IDEA how many and what kind of Police and Fire service figures I have. I know I have "some," because I've seen some pretty cool stuff come out over the years, LIKE the Joe State Trooper fig and the 21st Century SWAT figs. I bought a bunch as I found 'em, but I never really played with 'em 'cause I haven't been much about "cops and robbers," ya know? It's an "army" thing with me.
Now...as things get better organized in and around Blackwater, Michigan, it becomes important to me what the local public sector services are "like." For instance--I have this notion that Teddy Roosevelt will be "The Mayor." He just has that big, ol' smiley-faced grin that says, "I'm a politician!" Bully! :lol If Teddy is the Mayor, I need a Chief of Police or Police Commissioner or Director of Public Safety! This character can be a civilian or a professional police officer of long standing. Gotta think about that, but I have an Arnold Schwartzenegger BBI figure all dressed up, nice and neat, in a black business suit that looks very good on him. He might be my current candidate for Chief of Police/Chief of Detectives in Blackwater PD. Ya see how this is working?
The rest of the PD and FD can be made up as I go along and find more of my figs. I know, fer instance, that I have several firefighters and fire/rescue troops. Joe made several including a very cool dude with a wire basket-stretcher for lifting by chopper or rapelling rescues. 21C has that fugly EMT nurse figure, but she came with a LOT of very excellent medical accessories. Joe, (and I,) have a Metropolitan motorcycle police officer. Joe also has a few FBI agents. I put together several men in civilian clothes--business suits--and I purchased at different times, a bunch of Dragon Police officers/plainclothes detective figures, mainly Chinese police departments, but including some major US departments, like San Francisco and New York City.
Taken all together and organized like my military force, I could field a sizable police force in my fictitious community of Blackwater, Michigan, consisting of uniformed police officers, SWAT officers, some detectives, several County Sheriff Deputies, a few State troopers, a few FBI agents, maybe a generic "man-in-black," or two, just for fun, and several firefighter types in yellow turn-out gear, and black turn-out gear, complete with a few pieces of fire gear, like a short hose assembly, a few axes, fire extinguishers, and such! Oh! Even got two military, Navy and A.F.-type, firefighters/Crash-crewmen from the Joe line! Cool, h'uh?
This doesn't even begin to take into account all the Power Team police and fire figs I've picked up over the years either. I really, really, need to sort it all out and get things organized by service--Army, Navy, AF, Marines, Police, Fire, civilian, medical, etc.
Decisions, decisions...so many Joes, so little time! :lol Hey, thanks for following along in my time of need and madness--all of them--Joe stuff, not smoking, and dieting.

3 Comments:
Sounds like you have your work cut out for you organizing all these figs. Plenty to take your mind off of other things.
I've been trying to reorganize some of my troops, but it isn't easy. I have a tendency to flit from one idea to another and when I'm done my figs end up all mixed together.
I'm trying to separate them into some kind of sub-groups. Soviets in one box, Brits in another, Germans divided by branch of service in boxes and US troops. I share your preference for the US Army, but I do like that Marine camo so I have a couple squads of them too. It isn't easy because there always seems to be one or two guys that don't fit into one of the groups.
I also keep my Joes separate from the other figs and have them somewhat divided into PH, AT and vintage. I try to keep the vintage figs separated, because I know I'm gonna forget which are which.
I don't do Police or Fire, but I do like espionage and have a number of male and female figs that might look like civvys or business people, they are spys, lol.
I have been working like mad bashing a group of Panzergrenadiers to go with my Tiger. I'm real happy with how they have turned out so far, but am reluctant to post pics of them anywhere. They don't really fit ET or Fuzz's boards and really aren't good enough to post at the Division. Nevertheless, I have them all posed on my dio table awaiting pics.
I would like to start another blog devoted to WWII, but there is just too much excess baggage that the general public does not understand with regard to collecting Germans, and I don't want to go there. All I'll say about it is that I like them, I think they're cool. That is all. In my heart of hearts, I am US Army all the way. My childhood heros were Robert Mitchum, Rick Jason and Vic Morrow. I loved WWII war movies and always have been on the side of the angels, the US Army, Navy and Marines.
Brian
I hear ya, Brian! I do much the same --keeping my figs divided up by nationality and "groups" so I have "some" degree of control over what they are and where they are, but, like you--I lose track of some or some just don't "fit" into a nice, neat category! :lol
Oh well...we'll get it sorted out one way or another!
Ya know--I like the Marine uniforms and stuff. The camo is trez cool in my book. I never understood why the US Army didn't do camouflage uniforms more than they did. The argument about the troops being confused with the Germans "could" be plausible, but I gotta wonder just how many incidents justified THAT particular claim! If a "coupla guys" got shot in error is one thing--now explain how the US Army Air Corps could bomb an entire division by mistake and justify THAT! Sure can't claim "they looked like Germans!" Sheesh!
Gotta watch out for that confusing camo suit them Armored Engineers were wearing! Whatever....
Yah, I got some Marines, in camo outfits and reg'lar o.d. green stuff. I got the notion to take pix of all my troops in their respective SERVICES. Like, I'd take a pic of all my Marines from WW 2, Korea, Viet Nam, and modern era. Then, photos of all my Army troops from each period, and so on. Might be do-able, but might not--haven't tried yet, and I'm kinda envious of YOU having a corner of the basement all to yourself!
Now--about them panzergrenadiers...whatcha waiting for? If ya don't ask ET, he can't tell ya "no." Ya got yer own blog site--post 'em there and disable the "comments" for the posting if you want, but...I think ya might be over-reacting. Unless you're posting really disgusting pix of "atrocity-committing" Nazi SS butchers in the act of murder, you should be OK with just German infantrymen standing around your Tiger tank. Ya ought to try and see the results. Post just one or two pix first, and "wait-and-see." Somebody gets all bent outa shape and start threatening to blow up your house or something, edit the post and put up pix of cute, little "Fluffy, the white French poodle" or "Zorro, the South American Freshwater killer piranha fish," or something!
Spies and espionage--I didn't say anything about spies, now did I? If a group like the Special Services and Secuirty Force had some spies or other intelligence-gathering forces, would it make a lot of sens to actively "report the numbers and types of spies??? I think not. Spies? Who? Me? Naaaw! I ain't seen nor heard nuthing 'bout no spies.
You must have me confused with someone else, right? :lol
Now...I might have a few paid consultants in my group of experts! Might be that one or two have "unusual" backgrounds and employment records, but that don't mean they're spies! Heavens, no! Why, spies wouldn't have the protection of the Geneva Accords if they were captured, now would they? ;)
Gotta go for tonight! See ya, Brian!
Spies, did I say, spies? I'm sure I meant paid consultants. :lol
Post a Comment
<< Home