Graemon's grey-matters

My thoughts spill out as they will, but mostly I like to write about 1/6th scale Action Figures and stuff related to military history matters. It's my opinion on stuff, and sometimes, it won't be easy-reading. So, proceed with caution and I hope you find something to amuse yourself.

Name:
Location: Michigan

Hey! I'm complicated and unique, just like everybody else. Maybe I'm just MORE complicated and unique than most.

Friday, September 02, 2005

It's been a week now...

...of me NOT inhaling that slow acting poison called tobacco. I mean to tell you--it ain't no easier today than it was yesterday or last Sunday. I keep patting my pockets, I keep getting up and wandering outside, I keep gazing off thinking about having a smoke. I can hardly refrain from responding as a crazy-man when somebody says or does something I think is fairly dumb. In other words, I'm on the edge all the time. But, I have experience with this quitting stuff--I've done it dozens, maybe hundreds of times...and it NEVER gets easier. I have THAT to look forward to. :(

On top of that cheery note, my "big" e-bay score arrived today and is exactly what it was represented to be, much to my surprise. I expected a bunch of SWAT team cops, and what I got was a bunch of 21C Close Quarter Combat figures with molded-on balaclavas...which makes them pretty darn useless to me as they are. I am NOT blaming anybody, least of all the guy I won them from. I blame myself for seeing what I "wanted" to see and not necessarily what was there, right in front of my eyes. I have grown somewhat use to people NOT knowing what THEY have and calling it by the wrong name, that I naturally expect folks to mis-identify their e-bay stuff. That AIN'T always the case. It wasn't the case this time. I now own a bunch of flat-black, molded-face, soldiers that will get shoved into a box until I need some anonymous "bodies" or something. I may be able to use three figures and four uniform sets out of the bunch. The rest are...less utility to me right now. Props at best. So much for my prideful "Big Score!" Maybe I can photograph a "riot control" scene or something, using these guys! Whatever....

*Sigh*

Well, we have a long week-end ahead of us. I have a friend to go visit. I might be able to get some amount of Joe-time in--sorting and storing, I guess. The grass will need cutting, paper-trash burned, garbage removed--routine stuff. But, let's try to remember that down South, things are not gonna be barbeques, beer, and fun times for the folks along the Gulf Coast. There are thousands, possibly hundreds of thousands of people that have lost all, or almost all, this past week. My work-place and my State are organizing to provide what assistance we can. Charity drives have already started. The Red Cross seems to be the agency that keeps cropping-up as in "most need" of funding for disaster relief efforts.

So, while we're all having our fun this week-end, (or be-moaning our bad e-bay deals or crankiness over stopping smoking,) please consider helping out our Fellow Americans in the deep South with even a few dollars of spare change, or more, if ya feel like it. Seems like folks are always asking Americans for a few dollars to send overseas to help strangers and foreigners--how many times do we Americans really need to help out fellow Americans, right here at home? Geez...these are our own friends, family and neighbors, ya know? OK...extended family!

Me? Well, I think I'll give at the office next week when the drives really get going. I figure if I can buy a bunch of dolls, I can toss a few bucks in a hat equal to a few packs of smokes I don't need anymore. Hell, I might go for the cost of a carton. Ain't no braggin' rights in charity work, but each of us will know what we did or didn't do to help.

Have a safe week-end, have a GREAT week-end! Have a Joe week-end if ya can! Honest to gawds--I WILL work on finishing up Part Three of my "Influences" piece this week-end!

1 Comments:

Blogger Echo Team said...

BG, I too (Jim as well) were having problems uploading pics to Blogger within the last few days. But as you learned...keep trying.
Your fuzzhead appears to be having fun on the quad...almost as much as YOU playing with your Joes!
Keep the Pics coming!
ET

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home