Oooooo...
It's crowding in on 3 weeks since I last smoked and I got to tell you...I think I'm gonna die and/or kill something or someone real soon now. Just about everything in Creation is conspiring to annoy me or otherwise piss me off! Yah, I'm a wee bit tense these days. Intellectually, I know that the physical adiction part of the tobacco has worn off already. What I'm dealing with is the psychological addiction and to NOT having the sedative effects of the tobacco calming down my normal and natural emotions and controls. Damn! But that smarts, I mean to tell ya! Hurts too. Painful, it is--having to go it naturally. How do regular and normal folks put up with all those jerks out there going out of their way to annoy the rest of us people on a daily basis?
Well, what I'm doing to distract myself as best I can while having SOME degree of fun is...drum roll, please...wait for it...Ta-DAAAAA! I play with my good old buddy, GI Joe! Yup, I've been doing what I can to amuse myself with my Joes, getting them out of storage, sorting them into their various groupings and departments. I wrote about the groupings in previous entries here on the blog. Well, anyways...I'm trying to be busy with 'em all--to get over and around the withdrawal problems of the nicotine. Ain't easy.
Latest effort--recently, a Joe collector bud name of Gun Shy, (ya might have heard of him,) posted a picture of some of his Joes wearing a particular camouflaged helmet. This helmet was a special painted camo version released years back with several carded sets that seemed to go right under MY radar screen for whatever reason. These helmets struck a particularly significant note with me because of the lack of proper helmets for my 40th Anniversary figures that Hasbro, in its total lack of marketing sanity, FAILED to release after making an absolute TON of 40th Marine figures! (Army guys, too, for that matter, but I'm talking Marines right now.)
Now I ask you--how in the Blue Blazes do ya expect a TON of Marines to assault enemy beaches everywhere and anywhere WITHOUT having helmets to wear??? How obtuse can one numbnutz, dumbjohn, lame-brained toy company be, is what I want to know??? Assault enemy beaches without helmets? Right...good one HasBLOW! Guess my Marines will just have to hold their hands over their heads while assaulting ashore, right?
So, here we are, or here I am with my 40th Marine contingent standing around wearing soft covers with nary a helmet in sight of any of them Devil Dogs. Sure, I have an extra Army "pot" helmet from some army set. That's good for ONE Marine. OK, I have a Red Cross helmet from the army medic set that's good enough for the hospital corpsman that accompnaies my Marines--that's two guys covering their heads, but what about the rest???
Bingo! Yup, the short point to my long story is these special camouflaged helmets from this previously released carded set. One set arrived today and now I have another Marine covered. Another set is "on the way" and that will make four Marines protected. Now I have to wait for more sets at reasonable prices to show up on E-bay before I can protect the rest of my Marine contingent. I just hope my troops don't get the call anytime before I get enough for the guys!
Which reminds me--my very good buddy ET, the 1/6th Transaction Man, and instigator of all these 1/6th blogs that showed up within the last few months, gave me a deal on some Marine uniforms and helmet covers. If I could find those helmet covers, I "could" fit it over that plain green army "pot" helmet and that Marine would look all the better like his camo-helmeted brothers-in-arms, right? It could work, I think? :lol
Oh, one more thing...an incidental thing, really, but I have to mention it. That helmet set that came in the mail today? Never thought I'd be the one to say it, but the packing material stank to high Heaven! Yes, it did! Why, you ask? The packing material smelled of cigarette smoke-- I kid you not! I threw the empty cardboard box outside with the packing materials from inside the box. I freed-up the actual Joe carded set from all the rest of the packing stuff, and I can't wait to clear all the Joe gear from the card so I can toss the rest of the cardboard things outside as well.
Never in all the rest of my life would I have thought I would be the one SENSITIVE to cigarette smoke! UN-BE-LIEV-ABLE!
Anyway...my Joe Marine looks cool as hell now! AND...I got a water-cooled .30 caliber machine-gun for the rest of my troops to have when they assault those enemy beaches--BONUS-TIME!
Thank you for reading! And please--if ya get a few minutes in your day that you absolutely have nothing else to do with? Please send a little "healing energy" my direction to help me get over this cigarette addiction. I thank you, and may Karma reward your selfless-ness!
GI Joe, GI Joe,
fighting man from head to toe,
on the land, on the sea, in the air!
It's crowding in on 3 weeks since I last smoked and I got to tell you...I think I'm gonna die and/or kill something or someone real soon now. Just about everything in Creation is conspiring to annoy me or otherwise piss me off! Yah, I'm a wee bit tense these days. Intellectually, I know that the physical adiction part of the tobacco has worn off already. What I'm dealing with is the psychological addiction and to NOT having the sedative effects of the tobacco calming down my normal and natural emotions and controls. Damn! But that smarts, I mean to tell ya! Hurts too. Painful, it is--having to go it naturally. How do regular and normal folks put up with all those jerks out there going out of their way to annoy the rest of us people on a daily basis?
Well, what I'm doing to distract myself as best I can while having SOME degree of fun is...drum roll, please...wait for it...Ta-DAAAAA! I play with my good old buddy, GI Joe! Yup, I've been doing what I can to amuse myself with my Joes, getting them out of storage, sorting them into their various groupings and departments. I wrote about the groupings in previous entries here on the blog. Well, anyways...I'm trying to be busy with 'em all--to get over and around the withdrawal problems of the nicotine. Ain't easy.
Latest effort--recently, a Joe collector bud name of Gun Shy, (ya might have heard of him,) posted a picture of some of his Joes wearing a particular camouflaged helmet. This helmet was a special painted camo version released years back with several carded sets that seemed to go right under MY radar screen for whatever reason. These helmets struck a particularly significant note with me because of the lack of proper helmets for my 40th Anniversary figures that Hasbro, in its total lack of marketing sanity, FAILED to release after making an absolute TON of 40th Marine figures! (Army guys, too, for that matter, but I'm talking Marines right now.)
Now I ask you--how in the Blue Blazes do ya expect a TON of Marines to assault enemy beaches everywhere and anywhere WITHOUT having helmets to wear??? How obtuse can one numbnutz, dumbjohn, lame-brained toy company be, is what I want to know??? Assault enemy beaches without helmets? Right...good one HasBLOW! Guess my Marines will just have to hold their hands over their heads while assaulting ashore, right?
So, here we are, or here I am with my 40th Marine contingent standing around wearing soft covers with nary a helmet in sight of any of them Devil Dogs. Sure, I have an extra Army "pot" helmet from some army set. That's good for ONE Marine. OK, I have a Red Cross helmet from the army medic set that's good enough for the hospital corpsman that accompnaies my Marines--that's two guys covering their heads, but what about the rest???
Bingo! Yup, the short point to my long story is these special camouflaged helmets from this previously released carded set. One set arrived today and now I have another Marine covered. Another set is "on the way" and that will make four Marines protected. Now I have to wait for more sets at reasonable prices to show up on E-bay before I can protect the rest of my Marine contingent. I just hope my troops don't get the call anytime before I get enough for the guys!
Which reminds me--my very good buddy ET, the 1/6th Transaction Man, and instigator of all these 1/6th blogs that showed up within the last few months, gave me a deal on some Marine uniforms and helmet covers. If I could find those helmet covers, I "could" fit it over that plain green army "pot" helmet and that Marine would look all the better like his camo-helmeted brothers-in-arms, right? It could work, I think? :lol
Oh, one more thing...an incidental thing, really, but I have to mention it. That helmet set that came in the mail today? Never thought I'd be the one to say it, but the packing material stank to high Heaven! Yes, it did! Why, you ask? The packing material smelled of cigarette smoke-- I kid you not! I threw the empty cardboard box outside with the packing materials from inside the box. I freed-up the actual Joe carded set from all the rest of the packing stuff, and I can't wait to clear all the Joe gear from the card so I can toss the rest of the cardboard things outside as well.
Never in all the rest of my life would I have thought I would be the one SENSITIVE to cigarette smoke! UN-BE-LIEV-ABLE!
Anyway...my Joe Marine looks cool as hell now! AND...I got a water-cooled .30 caliber machine-gun for the rest of my troops to have when they assault those enemy beaches--BONUS-TIME!
Thank you for reading! And please--if ya get a few minutes in your day that you absolutely have nothing else to do with? Please send a little "healing energy" my direction to help me get over this cigarette addiction. I thank you, and may Karma reward your selfless-ness!
GI Joe, GI Joe,
fighting man from head to toe,
on the land, on the sea, in the air!

2 Comments:
More power to ya, BG!
Congrats on getting not one but two of those camo helmets! I am jealous as all get out! :D
Brian
Alright! Graemon's guys are gonna assault beaches soon!
Glad to hear you're still smoke free!
ET
Post a Comment
<< Home